Your free guide to Selling A Property In Cyprus
Cyprus Apartment Rentals And Sales – Guide To Selling A Property In Cyprus
Church at Ayia Thekla near Ayia Napa
My name is Paul Alcock and I am a specialist property consultant at Cyprus Apartment Rentals And Sales with personal experience of buying, selling, renting and renting out property in Cyprus.
This brief guide outlines what we consider to be the most important aspects of selling a property in Cyprus.
It is in bullet form for easy reading and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have on selling a property in Cyprus.
We are based in Cyprus and we have buyers currently looking for properties in Cyprus. If you would like us to help you sell a property in Cyprus please email email@example.com
- Ensure you are aware of ALL the selling costs and obtain a fixed price from your solicitor and appointed agent(s). We can recommend reliable local solicitors if you need one.
- Consider the different ways to sell your property including offering it as a rent to own sale
- Ensure the contract of sale allows for a full refund of your costs if the buyer pulls out of the sale
- Provide video footage as well as photos of your property for marketing purposes
- Ensure the contract of sale includes full details of your property and any guarantees you are able to offer the buyer
- Try online and offline marketing with as many agents as possible unless you are prepared to wait years to sell your property
- It is currently a buyers market the world over so your property will only sell if it is offered at the latest market price. It doesn’t matter what you paid for it some years earlier or what you think it might be worth some time in the future.
- If your property has title deeds or they are expected soon state this in your marketing materials
Selling a property in Cyprus is quite similar to selling a property in the UK with the exception that many properties are sold in Cyprus without title deeds. The position with title deeds is far from satisfactory and hopefully this will improve over time. Cypriots are however quite used to buying properties without title deeds so it doesn’t have to be a major problem for you as they are the main buyers at present. If you can obtain your title deeds prior to marketing your property for sale you should be able to achieve a higher price.
If you would like us to help you sell a property in Cyprus or have any questions about selling property in Cyprus please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also download a PDF copy of this guide from selling a property in Cyprus
P.S. Your feedback on this guide, including additional information you think anyone selling a property in Cyprus may find useful would be appreciated.Tweet Please help us to inform everyone that is thinking of buying a property in Cyprus to read our buying guide by clicking the Social Network buttons above.