Your free guide to Renting A Property In Cyprus
Cyprus Apartment Rentals And Sales – Guide To Renting A Property In Cyprus
Church at Ayia Thekla near Ayia Napa
My name is Paul Alcock and I am a specialist property consultant at Cyprus Apartment Rentals And Sales with personal experience of buying, selling, renting and renting out property in Cyprus.
This brief guide outlines what we consider to be the most important aspects of renting a property in Cyprus.
It is in bullet form for easy reading and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have on renting a property in Cyprus.
We are based in Cyprus and have a wide selection of rental properties currently available at excellent prices. For details please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Obtain a signed tenancy / rental agreement in English
- A solicitor will not normally be required as the tenancy / rental agreements are very basic documents
- Give clear instructions (preferably by email) to the agent or property owner regarding your required location and nearby amenities
- If possible pay all monies to the property owner as an agent may go out of business before your rental ends or deposits are refunded
- Check to see if a welcome pack of groceries are provided
- If a welcome pack is not included where can you pick up the essentials (bakeries are normally open 24 hours and stock the basics)
- Will the property be cleaned before and after you leave or are you responsible for cleaning
- Is linen provided and if so how often will it be changed
- What are the arrangements with keys (quite often they will be in a key safe by the front door but you will need the access code)
- Obtain clear directions to the property especially if you are arriving late at night or are not familiar with the area
- Obtain a number for the property owners local representative in case you encounter problems during your stay
- Are utilities included in the cost of your rental
- For long term rentals who is responsible for paying management fees / local authority charges
- Do you have the right to extend your tenancy agreement
Property rentals in Cyprus are almost always trouble free and many guests return year after year to the same property or rent for several years without any problems.
In recent years a few cases of rentals for properties that don’t actually exist have been brought to our attention so make sure you know who you are dealing with. There are plenty of properties available, even is the most popular resorts, so don’t be pressurised to hand over money without first checking out that the property actually exists.
If you require details of our available properties or have any questions about renting in Cyprus please email us at: email@example.com
You can also download a PDF copy of this guide from renting a property in Cyprus
Costas and Paul
P.S. Your feedback on this guide, including additional information you think anyone renting a property in Cyprus may find useful would be appreciated.Tweet Please help us to inform everyone that is thinking of buying a property in Cyprus to read our buying guide by clicking the Social Network buttons above.